BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Candy Canes

I think it's safe to say that we all have foods that we really love. For the majority of people, such a food item might be chocolate (milk chocolate). I'm a little different from the majority of people, my favorite thing to eat is a candy cane (original peppermint flavor). This is a kind of shocking revelation for some people for a couple of reasons. One, how many people do you know with a favorite food of candy canes? Two, I think that my entire family's favorite food has something to do with chocolate. And lastly, candy canes are a seasonal treat. Which means that you can't just go to your local grocery store whenever you want and buy them. Oh well, I guess I'm just different from the rest of the world.

Have you ever had a favorite food get tested by another really delicious food that may or may not become your newest favorite? Of course you have! But then, have you ever had your faith in a tasty treat tested by something outside of another food? I think that is a less common occurrence. Yet, with my unlimited luck (I'm being sarcastic there), that's exactly what happened to me. I prefer to call the entire ordeal the Candy Cane Disaster. The events happened as follows...

I was in seminary one morning during the second term. I had walked in and sat down in my seat. At first the class went along normally, and after the devotional was over, I stood up, said my bit, and went back to my desk. Then, Brother Blank says the a kid in the class brought candy canes to seminary to celebrate Christmas being soon. I, loving candy canes so much, took my share and immediately tore off the wrapper to start eating it. Because, for some reason, some people don't like peppermint flavor, there was a lot of candy canes being passed around that no one seemed to want. So, by the end of the class, I had collected three or four candy canes and was happily enjoying life. What I didn't know, was that because I hadn't had breakfast, the four candy canes were too much sugar for my system to handle. About halfway through third period, the class right after seminary, I had nothing but sugar energizing my body. THIS IS VERY BAD. I quickly discovered that having sugar in such quantity is one, very bad for your body, and two, very bad for your citizenship grade. I don't know how to describe the misery that I must have caused in that class that day, but I do know that that was the only time I had ever gotten a red mark in geography. I continued on such a course for the next two periods until I crashed. I pretty much slept through the next couple of classes (which didn't improve how I did in class). So that's my candy cane story...weird, huh?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thats cool. I hate candy canes. Why do you like war stuff?

Unknown said...

Do you like money?

Brain said...

I changed it because it was offensive to be thought of as a war person. I'm not into money either, I just like the color green.