BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, September 28, 2007

Turtle

In trying to think of something to write about for my blog, I looked around for inspiration and saw my family's pet turtle. So, the turtle's name is Roxy. She is a girl. She eats worms, fruit, an occasional tomato, and we tried to feed her crickets once. She's twelve years old but we have only had her 7 years (this December). She is also the same age as my brother(and acts older)! As much as I like my pet, I would not recommend a turtle to anyone because they just sit in their cage thinkin' how we humans aren't worthy enough to see them move, eat, walk, etc. The reason we got a turtle instead of a dog, or a cat or any other type of animal is because some people in my family are allergic to them. My family is allergic to the hair of cats, dogs and other furry animals. My mom is also allergic to feathers, so birds are out of the question. Anyway, the pet that I really want to get would be a lizard or a snake. I would like a lizard or snake because they are cleaner to take out of their cage. They actually move enough to be interesting. The best thing about a turtle is that they are relatively easy to clean. All you have to do is take out the turtle, stick it in some water, change the paper and it's all clean. It's also the only time you can actually see the turtle move because it doesn't like the water(although because I am a nice, kind master it is not in the water very long). Yeah, so that's my turtle story.

1 comments:

Panda Girl said...

LOL turtles are awesome!!! :D