BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, December 8, 2007

Theater, Stagefright and Me

While trying my best to come up with a topic that someone would actually read (instead of skim through and not get a thing out of it), I remembered that some time ago I went to the dinner theater matinee. Yes, I know that I'm a little late in posting about this, but seeing as I enlighten people with my ingenious ideas, why not?

First off, I'd like to publicly announce that the dinner theater was awesome. Normally I would say, Nothing is as good as doing something yourself. I proved myself wrong. It was much better to watch these Shakespeare scenes. (Although I can't really say that because I wasn't in it). Everyone was really amazing and almost the whole thing was hilarious. By the way, if you didn't go, go next year because it was really good and you missed out. My congratulations to everyone who participated.

Now, I address those people who think, Oh, I could never do something like that. Two things for ya: 1-You have stage fright, 2-So do I. My stagefright makes me believe that if I had been in the theater, no one would come back the next year (or the year after). I wish I could do acting, but if I did I'd faint.

But there is Good news: I'm working on it and trying to get better. Here's the Bad news: It's not helping. Here's the Worse news: I'm opinionated and being opinionated and also having stage fright is really bad because you need to share your opinions with other people. That's kinda hard if you are scared of talking to them. But I'm trying to get better.

Actually, I kind of cursed myself. When I was little, I would have done almost anything on stage. It didn't phase me. I did several performing things. But when I was in fourth grade, I somehow managed to convince myself that I had stage fright. How weird is that? I convinced myself that I was scared of attention so much that I actually got it. I also convinced myself of a bunch of other really stupid things but I won't get into that can of worms right now. But, oh well. So the bottom line is Don't convince yourself that you're scared of being on stage. You'll regret it. I know I do.

2 comments:

Panda Girl said...

Yeah when I think of being on-stage, I get scared! Stage fright! But actually in elementary school when I WAS on-stage, I loved it! It feels so good up there once you get used to it! Too bad I'm such a bad actress/singer! LOL

P.S. Your new dragon background is AWESOME!!! :D

Brain said...

I know isn't that Dragon just so awesome!?!