BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Mobile Phones

Hopefully, by Christmas, I'll get a cell phone! All of ninth grade and most of my eighth grade year I wanted the luxury of having one of them. (In seventh grade I had different priorities.) So yesterday, my mom and dad got a bunch of pamphlets. We all liked one of the plans, looked and debated, debated some more, looked some more, took about four hours looking and debating, and decided we still liked the same plan best. What a great use of time? Okay, so some of you rich thugs are going to think that this is a completely stupid thing (by the way, I don't care) but we are going to do the whole pay as you go thing. We aren't a poor family just somewhat conservative which means that after buying the phone and the first chunk of minutes, I'm on my own to pay for the rest. I don't have anywhere near the amount of money required for a plan, so my only option would be this pay as you go thing because they're cheapest. Anyway, the plan I'll probably have is a Tracfone. I haven't really heard anything negative about them and they seem to have a pretty great, cheap and usable cell phone plan.

Another thing I learned about cell phones is that if you go with a certain company, you have to get one of their phones. Maybe I live a sheltered, untechnologicaly cultured, miserably sad life but in any case, I didn't know this. That's one of the main reasons to why we did so much debating and leafing through pamphlets. It's because I wanted a particular kind of look to my phone. Was that too picky of me? Anyway, I found a phone that I liked with Tracfone and, since they already had the cheapest plan, I was extremely overjoyed. And so ends my amazing mobile phone adventure. I only have to wait till Christmas now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think there's anything wrong with pay as you go phones. Oh, and by the way, everyone does procrastinate.

Lots of Keys said...

Yes, that they do! Even me! Hahaha. Too bad I can't get a cell phone untill I can afford to pay for one myself...