BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Poetry

So who entered the poetry contest in first term? I did, and guess what?! I was chosen to be published in the anthology for young poets. I didn't think I was any good at writing poems! But, apparently, I am! I'm so happy because this is like one of the only contests that I didn't think I should win anything for and yet it seems to be the one that I'm doing the best at! Happiness! Maybe there were only a few people to enter though and thats why I got chosen........that's probably more likely.......but who cares? I'm still getting published! My sister who is eight also entered and is getting published, too. We are geniuses! We could probably take over the world! Anyway, this is what the poem looked like. It's a free verse, so if you expect every sentence to rhyme...you're going to be disappointed.

Dino Life
Dinosaurs are one of a kind,
With their stomping of feet
And their clashing of jaws.
They throw their heads back,
Way back,
And give a mighty ROAR!
They turn about
With a mighty bound
Dinosaurs off on a chase;
They hunt all day long
And then there's the test,
Of settling down for
A big night's rest.

1 comments:

Lots of Keys said...

I got my essay published. I'm so happy!