BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Snowball Fights

"Hey Moe, where are you?" calls Dad. "I'm down here in my room," I call back. "Guess what?"Dad says,"It's snowing!" "Really?"I say. "Yeah, come on outside. I expect to see you there in five." I grumble and get off my bed thinking of ten million other things I would rather do. Dad, laughing maniacly, walks back upstairs and goes outside leaving me all alone. I am not so surprised to find that I don't care at all and begin to get on thicker clothing so I don't become the Human Popsicle (the super hero who doesn't move much). Finally, after ten minutes I am geared up in full body armor, the best gloves I could find, and my lucky hat. I walk into the garage, then go out the back door, locate everyone, gather a few balls of snow, and soon I am doing the dodge the snowball jig while dealing out deadly missiles in every direction with a person. After a while, we(my dad, two brothers and I) call a temporary truce and divide into teams. The brother on my team decides to be an idiot and goes to ridiculously close distances only to completely miss his target, get pounded by snowballs, and wait for me to come rescue him. The brother on my dad's team isn't quite so dumb, but just as inaccurate and seven times as scared of getting hit. So basically, it was just me and Dad, hurling snow in powerful, fast, and pretty accurate throws. So, I had just nailed my dad squarely on the arm when I looked down to gather more snow and had my sixth sense kick in. For those of you who have never been in a really intense snowball fight, your sixth sense is your sense that tells you that something is just about to hit you really fast and really hard. Anyway, I threw myself to one side and feel a snowball going at like mach 2, graze my coat. After trading a few more deadly blows, we call it a draw and go inside, where we warm off and eventually eat.

1 comments:

Panda Girl said...

LOL that sounds fun!!!