BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Walkie-Talkies

I was watching comedian, Brian Regan, a while ago and he starts talking about walkie talkies. He was laughing about them because they were a military invention but somehow got stuck with the name "walkie-talkie". So, like Brian, I wondered how the military, with no humor, could come up with a name like that. So I decided to do some research starting with Wikipedia (which is my personal favorite). I discovered that the walkie talkie was developed during WWII for use by the military. The nickname "walkie talkie" was invented for radio reciever/transmitter. But before the nickname "walkie talkie" was even invented, radio reciever/transmitters were nicknamed "handie-talkies". I also learned that the first walkie talkie was made by Motorola. After I learned that I decided to go do something a little more fun. So I quit that and wrote this.

0 comments: